I have thought about the day I would release my own podcast for several months now and I can’t think of a more fitting topic to begin with than “Self Promotion in the Age of Social Media”.
I hope you enjoy this, my first offering. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please email me: podcast at michellplested dot com.
Get Published – Episode 1
00:00 — Opening – Get Published, Episode 1
- Everything has to start somewhere and this is the start of “Get Published”
0:12 — Introduction – Show #1: Book Promotion in the Age of Social Media
- Who is Michell Plested and why did he create this podcast?
01:29 — Promos: Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy
02:48 — Show #1: Book Promotion in the Age of Social Media (continued)
- Feedback, Questions and Answers Segment
- Topic to discuss: Should an author get an agent first or contact the publisher directly? Email podcast at michellplested dot com with your comments
03:37 — Promos: 12 Volt Theatre
03:54 — Show #1: Book Promotion in the Age of Social Media (continued)
- Why discuss Book Promotion in a podcast where getting published is the theme?
- When do you start promoting yourself and your book?
- Roles of the author in today’s marketplace
- What are the options for promotion today compared to yesterday’s options?
- Can you the author disregard “old-style” promotional techniques?
- What are the benefits to using Social Media for promotion?
- Social Media typically means more work and more sharing of yourself.
- Don’t be shy!
12:28 — Promos: Dragon Moon Press
12:59 — Closing