Hello everyone. I hope you are actually getting spring (or fall) weather wherever you are. I’m not sure what the weather is here. It should be spring, but the snow still insists on falling (damn snow!).
This is an interview I have been looking forward to. I absolutely loved Pip’s book ‘Digital Magic’ and I’ve wanted to talk to her for quite a while. It is a fun interview which I really think comes through.
00:00 — Opening – Get Published, Episode 6
- Everything has to start somewhere and this is the start of “Get Published”
0:14 — Introduction – Show #6: The 12-Year Overnight Success, an Interview with Philippa Ballantine
Philippa Ballantine (AKA Pip) recently signed a two-book deal with Ace. We talk to her about her journey thus far.
00:53 — Promos: War Promo (Mur Lafferty)
02:35 — Show #6: The 12-Year Overnight Success, an Interview with Philippa Ballantine (continued)
- Feedback, Questions and Answers Segment
- We talk about Query Letters. Examples from Nathan Bransford’s site (http://nathanbransford.blogspot.com/2008/03/query-letter-mad-lib.html) and Writing World’s site (http://www.writing-world.com/basics/query.shtml)
- Email podcast at michellplested dot com with your comments
07:52 — Promos: Weather Child
08:43 — Show #6: The 12-Year Overnight Success, an Interview with Philippa Ballantine (continued)
- Philippa Ballantine talks about her publishing journey including her most recent two-book deal with Ace
- You can reach Pip at www.pjballantine.com or www.weatherchild.com or on twitter at PhilippaJane, etc.
34:41 — Promos: Nina Kimberly the Merciless
35:43 — Closing
Please send comments. Please, please, please! Questions too