Hello everyone. As I have mentioned in both my blog and on “Get Published”, I have a story coming out. It is my second short story sale and my first ever published story so I am very excited.
Below you will find the press release. I strongly encourage you to check out Flagship for a number of reasons:
- The magazine is super affordable. $1.99 for either the e-format version or the audio version. $2.99 for both.
- We need to get behind efforts like this. Flying Island Press has been awesome to work with. For all you fledgling writers out there, these guys are super supportive and very helpful. Zach Ricks, Managing Editor for the press told me that they plan to provide feedback for every submission. Not too many places do that and it really helps. We need to keep them going.
- We need to show the publishing world that audio fiction has value.
- We need to show the publishing world that short fiction still has a place. I’ve heard at least one comment that said “The short fiction market is dead.”
- My story along with the other three are all awesome.
Tell them Mike sent you. It won’t get you a deal but it might convince them to buy more of my work.
Enjoy Your Sci-fi and Fantasy How and Where You Want
Beginning July 4th, science fiction and fantasy fans will be given a new place where they can discover authors and stories they’ll be able to enjoy wherever they go. Flagship, the new e-zine by publisher Flying Island Press, will soon be releasing short stories every other month in formats for the Kindle, the iPad and iPhone, and other electronic readers.
Flying Island Press also recognizes the increasing popularity of podcasts and other forms of audio fiction. So, in addition to the e-zine, an audio version will be available to listen to on any MP3 player. Stories they release will be available both in text and in audio, allowing the consumer to choose their preferred version.
Zach Ricks, managing editor for Flagship, had this to say. “I wanted to hearken back to what some have called the Golden Age of Science Fiction.” It’s his hope that “FlagShip will be a place for optimistic, entertaining fiction.”
Each issue will cost $1.99 for the text version or the audio version or get both for just $2.99.
Issues will be available starting July 4th, 2010 at http://flyingislandpress.com/flagship